Wednesday 30 October 2013

Halloween RIP Mini-Graveyard Cupcakes

Happy Halloween!

I made these cupcakes for a Halloween bake off at work which was supposed to be on Monday.

Turns out it was cancelled, but I didn't get the message. 

But hey, who's complaining when you've got cupcakes?! :D

(Although my team did get a little suspicious when I have them cakes with 'RIP' written on them... "Xinmei, are you trying to tell us something? Have we been working you too hard?!")


These are the cupcakes again but instagrammed. More scary looking? Sort of? 

*scary voice* RARGH!

*******

So to make these you'll need a batch of chocolate cupcakes. I used a recipe from the Green and Blacks cookbook (I love you G&B!). Then, I spooned a layer of melted chocolate on top of the cupcake, which I used as a 'glue' to sprinkle and stick the chocolate 'mud' on top of (actually an accident that happened when I was trying to make frosting and added cooled melted chocolate which made the frosting clump together!).

The tombstones are Viennese biscuits, which chocolate piped on top. You can use rich tea biscuits too, they just go soggy verreyyy quickly.
And again, thanks to my sous chef for helping with the icing. Yes, you are better than me at it, you know who you are! :)

Above is a photo of me trying to capture the chocolate sprinkling in real time motion. It ended up just being blurry.

So... I hope you're all dressing up and eating pumpkin. And whatever else it is the cool kids do these days.

Happy Halloween! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Like it? Love it? Hate it? Rate it! I'd love to hear what you think :)