Thursday 17 July 2014

Restaurant 360, Dubrovnik, Croatia


When we arrived in Dubrovnik, we asked our taxi driver about the more famous Restaurant Nautika what he thought of it and his reply was "oh, it's for old people and politicians", but when we asked about Restaurant 360 the reply came "ah, that's a lovely restaurant, it's cooler and for young people!" 

And because, you know, we're hip and kosher (at least I think that's what the cool kids say these days) we decided on Restaurant 360. Thanks Mr Taxi Driver!


So the entire restaurant is literally inside the city walls, you eat on top of the walls with a panoramic view of Dubrovnik (hence the name...). It's all very cosy and romantic and posh without being stuffy, which we really liked.

Would we come back? Definitely! Think worth a flight to Croatia just for this restaurant :)


On entering the restaurant the maître d' leads you hit rough the outdoor bar area and past the inside bit of he restaurant (gorgeous in itself, photos later) and up the stairs to the top of the city walls. Obviously I got my phone out and got a little snap happy, but we she was very polite despite the fact that I was, frankly, being a little bit weird.

Alcove in the bar area. Cosy!

We were really worried that it would rain during our dinner since a storm was passing through Dubrovnik that week and it was HEAVY. Luckily the rain held out and we didn't need to make a mad dash inside...

.... But as you can see above the inside is really very pretty anyway. Go in the winter. 


Obviously, cocktails to start! I had an aeperol spritz type cocktail and my boyfriend decided on something that had something alcoholic in it (I don't remember, but I can say that much without making stuff up). It was nicceeeee.


Pretending to be grown ups is fun!

Okay, so onto the food! We had an amuse bouche complement of the chef to chomp on (technical term) first, it was a raw tuna creation with lots of foam and some truffle and some other creamy thing that I don't remember the name of.

(Not selling it so well, but I loved it so much that I ate my boyfriend's portion too...)

We were, of I course, given a bread basket with the freshest olive oil but I forgot to take a photo :(

Roasted scallops with crispy lettuce hearts and citrus sauce.

My starter - fresh tuna with avocado guacamole, soya sauce, ginger and sesame. 

Sea bass, sautéed spinach, tomatoes, black olives and pantelleria tomatoes, I don't know what pantelleria tomatoes are, but I tasted it. And I liked it.

His main - slowly cooked lamb shoulder, fried lamb chop, spinach and red paprika. That lamb was divine. Probably better than my sea bass if I admit! 


Ah, so he only one thing that Restaurant Dubrovnik disappointed us on was that we ordered the strawberry cheesecake for dessert (we're suckers for a bit of cream cheese and digestive biscuits), but they we're out. They offered us the other dessert choices but we opted for a coffee and dessert wine instead. I'm not sure if we were supposed to get petit fours but assuming we should, we didn't. But we didn't want to complain anyway since I was having trouble breathing in my top with the amount of food I'd consumed so it was happy to stop there.
I would highly recommend Restaurant 360 if and when you're in Dubrovnik, the restaurant is beautiful, food is superb (I guess clearly the cheesecake does well!), and the waiters are very knowledgeable about the menu. This, of course, comes at a very steep price (think of a high end London restaurant type wallet dent). 

But hey, it's a special occasion and you're on holiday! Go go go!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Like it? Love it? Hate it? Rate it! I'd love to hear what you think :)